How do I get ball point pen off my car's upholstery?

I still don't know how my 3yr old got ahold of a pen but I'm desperate to get the marks off my head rest!

smileyashmommy

Asked by smileyashmommy at 6:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I accidentally put a pen in my lap the other day when I was in Hubby's truck. I was supposed to be writing out a check, instead I was playing on my iPhone. When I got out the truck I noticed ink ALL over that spot of the seat. Looks like our 3 year old scribbled a little. I've been hiding it very well the past few days. :) ...so I'll be waiting for an answer to this post too!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Try hairspray. Just test it in a hidden spot to make sure the seat color doesn't come off.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i read somewhere that milk does the trick...GL
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 6:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• But what happens to the milk if you can't get it all out of the fabric? The heat would make it sour. Yuck. I think I would rather ink marks than a sour car...
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I know milk takes it out of jeans. But I do agree, getting it out of a seat may pose a problem. Try hairspray first.
    MommyNeeNee

Answer by MommyNeeNee at 6:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Lighter fluid will take it right out.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have had success with this! Apply Sol-U-Mel directly to the stain - this is a miracle product! and big bonus: its Natural!! Please contact me if you would like more info. :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2010