add on to another question i had asked...about my daughters fathers insecure girlfriend.

my ex's girlfriend is being very insecure about us having a 8 day old baby, well at first he was here everday taking care of her which was great and she was so upset...well he hasnt come back around in a bout a week which is fine but its because she thinks he "spending too much time "with the baby and now he thinks he should be able to take our daughter around his girlfriend, I feel like our daughter shouldnt be used too make her feel better about the situation I feel she is our daughter and shouldnt have to be exposed too some one who already sees her as a threat I think bringing my daughter around her will only benefit her not my daughter...am I being unreasonable, this woman ripped him from our home while i was pregnant and now feels insulted if she is nto put infront of the baby, should i allow him to bring my baby around her?

GabeANnenasmOm

Asked by GabeANnenasmOm at 12:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I think thats gonna take time. If she wants to meet the baby then there is no reason why she cant go to your home to do so. I dont blame you for feeling this way. I would too! Eventually your child is gonna go to his dad's house so fixing this relationship now is probably better off. She really needs to accept this baby if she truly loves your ex. Hell eventually get sick of her if she keeps this up. No one wants their SO to treat their child badly. If she stays like this I can guarantee that she wont be around for long! GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• her* dads house
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think with the baby this young you shouldn't let him take her. Wait until she is at least a month!

But I agree with the first poster, she should be able to come meet the child in your home, if thats what this is really about.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• unfortunately there isn't much you can do accept insist that he not be able to take the baby at all and that would prevent him from taking her there at all but if you allow him to take her from your home then he should be able to take her to see his girlfriend, his mother whoever.i wouldn't like that at all so i would insist at that young of age that she stay home and he comes there but as she gets older then that's part of life that you'll have to deal with. he has a separate life that you can't force he keeps away from your baby. right now you can control it but later it will become harder. he will have his own life and your daughter will part of that. sorry it sucks and she is just threatened by it all but i bet if the shoe was on the other foot you might feel the same.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i agree with steph319..
    heavensent1174

Answer by heavensent1174 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The baby is too young, you're breast feeding right? Her insecurities are not your worry. Your ex decided to destroy your family so now your number one priority is your kids. I would tell your ex, sorry she's too young right now to be away from mommy. If you want to see her, you need to come over here. Your girlfriend can deal with it.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• THE HOME WRECKER SHOULD MIND HER BIZZ HOW RUDE IS SHE !! SHE SHOULD KNOW THAT YOU WILL ALWAY'S BE IN HIS LIFE NOW YOU HAVE HIS BABY !!! TELL HIM HE SHOULD ONLY WORRY ABOUT HIS BABY FOR KNOW !!
    Anonymous

• Tell the new girlfriend to get a life! She shouldn't be so insecure with anything..Point blank..it will never work out between them 2..She's too insecure.
    DiddlesMom777

Answer by DiddlesMom777 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Invite the GF to come along with Dad when he visits. Your daughter is way to young to be going to stay with dad right now. When you invite her tell her that when your daughter is older then she will be able to go to dad's by herself - until then dad & gf need to come to your house to visit. Also make sure dad is a part of the conversation - so he knows exactly what was said - then there won't be she said/she said kind of thing.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 2:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Oh, wow...I hope that you have an enforceable custody arrangement in place. This is a disaster just waiting to happen, and you need to make sure that you and your baby are protected. I've seen situations like this more than I care to count. I don't think for a minute that your ex's girlfriend cares anything about the baby. This is a territory thing...women are just very territorial. Best wishes to y'all...
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2008