about how long does labor last on 4th pregnancy

Pegram4

Asked by Pegram4 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Labor varies with each and every delivery. There is no way to answer this question for you.,..sorry

With my 1st, it was roughly 10hours, with my 2nd, it was 23hours...just goes to show that 2nd, 3rd, 4th labors are not necessarily shorter then 1st
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 6:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• With all mine they lasted about the same amount of time give or take an hr.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My mom's 4th went fast! She started contractions around 0700 and by 0900 she was having them a good 20 min apart. But then she jumped from 15 min apart right to 7 min apart, no in between. It was only about another hour and a half before the birth was over. She was also 42 at the time and it had been 10 years since her last birth. I guess it really just depends.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 7:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You never know some say its longer some say its faster...But all are different
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I always heard your 2nd is faster but im not sure....My mom had 5 kids and she said labor was about the same with all of them. I was really worried about my son because I was induced with my daughter at 10am and she was born at 1:45 and i thought i wouldn't have enough time to get to the hospital.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010