Help I need other moms opionions

This morining I fell down the stairs with my 8 month old. My baby girl did hit her head on the step that is carpeted, she cried maybe all of 5 seconds. I think it mostly scared her. She doesn't have a bump on her head and a few minutes later she was playing like normal and laughing. I'm just wondering if I should take her to the hospital and have her checked out? I think this was more hard on me I keep crying about it I feel so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Shes fine! :) It did hurt you more than her. If you are really worried then just make sure htat her pupils are dialating. That way you know theres no concusion (sure theres not) Dont worry Sh** happens!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My babies hit their heads alot.. Just observe for sleepiness, and vomiting for concussion. And watch for swelling and bruising.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• if you are still worried call her dr and see what they say.
    mylilredheadboy

Answer by mylilredheadboy at 2:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• She's fine. Trust me when she starts walking, she is going to fall down and hit her head all the time. If she is acting fine and doesn't have a bump then there is nothing to worry about
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• if she didnt cry for very long then i think she was just scared. babies bump their heads when they are learning to crawl and move around on the floor and if its just a couple seconds wimper its more of an "crap that wasnt cool" rather than an "oh my god lets go to the dr."
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I am sure she is fine as long as you can wake her easily she is ok
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2008