my son has a horrible cold what can i do to make him feel better

my son is 2 and he is sick i made an apoinment for his doctor since he usually end up getting an ear infection after a cold he doesnt get them very often only like once a year but tha one time is horrible. his nose is all watery what can i do to amke him feel better until his appoinment on monday?

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I also reccomend the vicks on the feet with socks over (not sure how it works but it does) a humidifier and lots of liquids. You can also put a pillow under his mattress to elevate the end of the bed where his head is. If he starts coughing or seems really congested you can turn the hot water on in the shower and shut the door so it gets steamy and just sit in the bathroom to let him breath in the warm moist air to help. I hope your little one feels better soon
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Ibuprofen before naps and bedtime and lots of liquids.. Also recommend a humidifier in his room.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Rub his chest with some Vicks put some Vick on his feet and cover them with socks take him into a hot steam shower run a vaporizer when he sleeps. Having a sick little one isn't fun. Just make sure he drinks plenty of fluids and this too shall lass. Hugs!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Store brand baby motrin at night and baby tylenol store brand during the day. Motrin makes my son sleep like a rock through the night. Raise his head while he sleeps so his sinuses drain. If he won't sleep on a pillow, fold a thick comforter in half and then where he puts his head, fold it underneath again. That will raise his head and its safer than a pillow. Hope he feels better soon. My son got a vaccination when he was under one to prevent ear infections. I forget what it was called but he has never had one at all. Ask your Dr. about it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Lot's of fluids, Tylenol, and some Vick's on the bottoms of his feet then put socks on.

Poor baby! I hope he feels better soon!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• my daughter is also two we just went threw this about a week ago also happned on a weekend pharmacist told me zyterc for children a warm bath get a humidfier for the room and rub him down vicks vapor rub it worked and broke up by sunday morning
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010