What should I do about a picky baby???

What should I do about a picky baby??? My fourteen month old just decided he is going to be picky. He use to eat everything in sight now he wants to skip the main course and only eat the snacks like fruit vegis cracker... I feel like he's testing me! He looks at me with a sly look and throws it off the high chair! Igive him just the main course, no snacks in sight yet and he still throws it! I know he's hungry though. Any advise will help us please??

natvitty

Asked by natvitty at 7:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep doing what you're doing - don't make a big deal out of it, and he'll eat when he's hungry. DD isn't that picky, but I will occasionally give her something different to eat if she doesn't want what I serve her - like a different type of fruit or something, not a whole new meal.
    kimberlyann_214

Answer by kimberlyann_214 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• at fourteen months, it is a game. I would keep doing what your doing, give him the main part of the meal first, no drinks at this point, sometimes they fill up on their milk or juice. If they don't eat it, try to give him 2 spoons for each hand and then sneak in a few bites. If that doesn't work, try to take him down and wait 15 min. He'll eventually get hungry and eat it. If he throws it, take him down and wait again, repeat, not allowed and say no more. It may seem tough, but they will eat.
    cardinal58

Answer by cardinal58 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My daughter is still a picky eater at the age of 3. If I try and try, she'll say, " No, I not want it, you eat it," as she's pushing it away. Thank goodness that throwing it from the high-chair days are gone. Maybe I should take cardinal58's advice.
    Natly2007

Answer by Natly2007 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010