So im pregnant! Please give me all the advice you can guys!

lilarose14

Asked by lilarose14 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• how much weeks are you? well when i was pregnant my doctors told me not to eat RAW FiSH!! thats number one of the things you shouldnt eat.. N0 CAFFiENE!! if you have cats you shouldnt clean their litter box.. && other than that you should eat healthyy && get plenny of rest.. if you notice any unusual discharge, blood or water leaking you should check in with a doctor.. thats all for now.. C0NGRATS 0N THE BABY :).. i had a preemie babyy boy in april but he is doing really well..
    bby_sebastian

Answer by bby_sebastian at 7:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Caffeine in moderation is fine during pregnancy. And cleaning litter boxes, as long as you wear gloves and a mask, and wash your hands afterward, is fine, just don't add any more cats because cats carry Toxoplasmosis which is very bad for pregnant women.

My advice? SLEEP NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• don't shoot heroin or drink.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 7:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• About caffeine....my doctor told me to do one cup of coffee a day: half regular and half decaf. I tried to follow that advice, but for the most of the pregnancy, I couldn't do it. The first trimester, I couldn't have any coffee because the smell of it or seeing it made me want to throw up. After the first trimester, I drank a fair amount of coffee because I was working full-time and had very long hours and the choice was to stay awake with coffee or fall asleep at my desk. (My mother-in-law had two pots of coffee a day when she was pregnant with both of her children and both of them turned out just fine. My hubby is a wonderful man.) NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 7:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• P.S. to my previous answer....My doctor told me it was okay to have a glass of champagne for the New Year celebration if I wanted to do so, so I did. For personal reasons like birth defects with one of my younger brothers, that was all I had during my pregnancy. (I didn't really miss the alcohol as much as I missed the caffeine. I would say that I am definitely addicted to caffeine. ;-D) Another thing from which my doctor told me to stay away was the artificial sweetners (sp?) because there isn't enough research to know what effects they have on a baby. Congratulations on your baby!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 7:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Labor and delivery is really nowhere near as bad as people/movies make it out to be. Pretty much everyone I know has said "I expected it to be so much worse!"
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• thanks yll! any advice on exercises or foods that are good for me please go right ahead and share :)
    lilarose14

Comment by lilarose14 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Feel free to message me with any questions you may have but i dont want to sit on here and write a diary of all the advice i have..lol :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Eat well, sleep when tired- prepare to be up all night going to pee! Eat veggies, fruits, meat, protein, etc. Make sure you are comfortable at all times. No stress! I don't do caffeine much, but then again I never have done much of it. When my mom was prego with all her 8 kids, she lived off soda all day long and we all turned out fine!
    barbie3784

Answer by barbie3784 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2010