Any moms here who do not like it when there kids do the pledge of alegance at school?

Just asking in general, i have seen moms who dont like it and wont let there kids do it in school. what would you do if they did? Why dont you like it? Why does it bother you and whats your religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't for the reason that kids don't know what they are saying when they do it.
    I'm Agnostic

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am a Christian and it doesn't bother me at all. And not to offend anyone, but the people I've come across who have a problem with it are the same people who want to take God out of everything...and are just looking for something to complain about...more drama.

Just my .02!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 7:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i'm agnostic and i don't care for the same reason butterfly doesnt care...kids don't know so what is the big deal?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm not religious and I don't have a problem with kids saying the pledge of allegiance to the country we live in. If I ever get to the point where saying the pledge to my country bothers me that bad, I will move somewhere where I will be happier.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• so do you guys ask the principle not to let them do it?
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 7:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am agonist also and we say the Pledge everyday at our school and it doesn't bother me 1 bit
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My kids school stopped saying it this year, I like the pledge, to me it's a small way of honoring our country and showing pride.  I'm kinda said to see it stopped. They used to say a student pledge too, they don't do that anymore either.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My kids enjoy saying the Pledge. For a while my youngest would start saying it every time she saw a flag.. Including when we went for walks around our neighborhood..... lol... We interpret the flag and the Pledge as a form of respect.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm a Christian and I am appalled that any public (government funded) school would NOT start the day with the pledge. Kids used to be taught what the flag stands for and to respect it long before they headed to kindergarten. Kids used to be taught to take pride in their country, and to want to make it better as well. Lots of things have changed, and the country has suffered. These days people want all of the rights and freedoms but don't want to lift a finger to earn them or uphold the responsibilities that go with them. It goes far beyond a few loud people who want the word 'God' removed from everything.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have no problem with it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010