Period Started Today When Should I Ovulate?

I had The Mirena for 1 1/2 yrs. and didnt have a period so i dont know my cycle but i started my period today :) Any Ideas On When I Could Ovulate ...Or Should I Just Have Sex Everyother day Between 9 and 14 Days??? And Do I count From Today? Anything will help! :)

LAURYNLILLIAN

Asked by LAURYNLILLIAN at 1:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Today would be day 1 of your cycle and I would have sex every other day throughout the whole cycle if my husband would let me. The last day of your cycle would be the day before you start your next period. Your body may be off this month but I got pregnant the first month off my BC so good luck.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The American Pregnancy Association estimates that this is anywhere between 11-21 days since the last menstrual period (LMP), or 12-16 days from when you expect the next menstrual period to start.  Go to http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm it should answer alot of your questions.

tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 1:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• First day of your period is Day 1. How long it takes to ovulate varies for every woman. Charting by taking your temperature each morning and checking your cervical fluid helps a lot. Fertility Friend has a great course that can help you out with details. :)
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Go to www.fertilityfriend.com for great lessons on how to chart your fertility. Personally, I ovulate on CD 18 (and yes, the first day of your period is CD1) so having sex between CDs 9-14 wouldn't get me pregnant ;) The only way to be certain when you ovulate is to chart your cycles for a few months. It's really not that hard (I tend to be a 'path of least resistance' person) and it also helps identify any issues you may have conceiving (if you have any, that is--you could get pregnant on your first try, after all!).
    Xakana

Answer by Xakana at 3:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You should ovulate 12 to 16 days from TODAY. On average women ovulate on the 14th day of their cycle, for you today is day 1. Me and hubby did natural family planning for almost 2 years until we decided on a whim to get pregnant, got pregnant the first month.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• use the clearblue ovulation kit
    teonia35

Answer by teonia35 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2008