Not sure what to do advice

So I was asked to be Maid of Honour for someone who was at one point a really good friend. She's a crazy bridezilla and for the last couple of months she's acted horribly to me and I don't feel like she appreciates what I do for her. I live 700 kms away from her and I threw her an amazing bridal shower.... She never thanked me for it... I was really hurt, but her wedding was only a month and a bit away so I didn't want to say anything to ruin that for her... Now I work a crazy busy job and a couple of weeks ago i ended up moving... so I haven't had much of a chance to call her till today.. I called her and she was so angry with me... when I asked what I could do to help she said "nothing- it's ALL been done" as if it was my fault that I couldn't be there 24/7... So she's angry with me now and I said I'd call her sunday when she gets back home... I know she doesn't want me in the wedding anymore... (continued below)

Asked by RigPrincess85 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• IMHO, and what I would do is just tell her now that you can't be her Maid of Honor in light of how you feel and feel it best that she find another Maid of Honor . Do this sooner than later since the wedding is nearing. As you said she really isn't a good friend anymore especially since she speaks to you in such a negative manner. No one needs drama in their life. She doesn't deserve you to be there, don't feel bad she did this to herself, you didn't do anything wrong. Just remember that...Good luck!

Answer by Congenial at 7:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• So my question is what would y'all do? How would you handle this? I want to just walk away from all this drama... but i don't wanna ruin her day. But I can't handle all this drama...

Comment by RigPrincess85 (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If she tells you you're out,call her bluff and say ok.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Just ask her point blank if she still wants you to be in the wedding. It could lead to a "get it all out on the table" conversation. Or it could just get you off the hook for the wedding.

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would tell her that you had already done quite a bit for her (bridal shower for which you did not get any thanks) and you are sorry you were not able to help recently due to things in your own life. If she needed your help then she should have called or contacted you and let you know as you are not a mind reader. I would also ask her if she still wants you to be in the wedding or not. If she is in a snit and says no, then say 'fine, have a great wedding' and then make other plans for that day. If she does say yes, be in the wedding then put this behind you, go and celebrate her day with her. Hopefully once the wedding is over she will settle down and stop being 'bridezilla'.

Answer by MizLee at 8:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Thanks all for your advice, I tried to talk to her but she ended up screaming and getting rude with me so I told her I wouldn't be able to be in the wedding. I'm just going to surround myself with good positive people. No one needs negativity! :)

Comment by RigPrincess85 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2010