Does anyone have a strained relationship with their sister and really don't care to make it better?

For the last few years, I've gone months without talking to my sister. I see her at family get-togethers, and that seems enough for me at this point.

IndianaMom03

Asked by IndianaMom03 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Friends are God's way of apologizing for Family. LOL...but seriously!! Family members have a way of inviting themselves in where they don't belong and are clearly not wanted. Wouldn't it be nice if we could choose our family members like we choose friends here at cafe mom. If they give us problems...just push "delete"...I would make life soo much easier. I feel your pain...and loss. take care!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I HAVE AN OLDER SISTER WHO I DONT EVEN TALK TO...WHEN SHE WAS BORN OUR GRANDMA ADOPTED HER BECAUSE MY MOTHER COULDNT TAKE CARE OF HER...AND MY GRANDMA GIVES HER WHATEVER SHE WANTS AND SHE TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THAT..FOR ME...I JUST CANT SEEM TO WANT TO TALK TO HER....
    SATX23

Answer by SATX23 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My sister has proven herself to be a total control freak. I can't be around her without either wanting to choke her or laugh at her. I usually laugh at her, and that infuriates her. She doesn't get it. She is ridiculous. I avoid her and don't see how we could make it better. She is also very manipulative with our mother. It is so hard to watch and try to guide Mom in her decisions.
    RalphB

Answer by RalphB at 11:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My sister and I have an odd relationship, she was in Iraq for over a year, when she came home she was so different now it just seems she does not have the time of day for me, I don't know we used to be so close, but now I don't know!! But she is your family and I feel that you should always love one another and try to work out your differences, You never know when you might lose her, and you will never forgive yourself for holding every little thing she did wrong against her, you will never have another chance to talk to her, better to do it now, than regret it later!!
    mykidsmylife06

Answer by mykidsmylife06 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• yep
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 1:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have a "sister" that I wish wasn't in my family. She was my dad's second daughter. I am his 3rd with a different wife. After my dad died in jan '08 this "sister" of mine decided that she deserves the money he left behind more than my mom who was with him for 21 years. UGH, I will just leave it at that.
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 3:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have not seen or talked to my sister in over three years. She has some mental issues that she refuses to deal with and she is a chronic liar. She is just too toxic to be in my life anymore.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 3:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have 5 sisters.They can be a headach at times but I love each of them with all my heart. Life is to short to not try to care when it is family.
    grandchildren11

Answer by grandchildren11 at 7:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My sister and i arent on speaking terms any more either. And honestly I'm not bothered by that at all. I dont agree with her life style...she drinks (as in gets sloppy drunk), smokes weed etc around her small children...she even did it while she was pregnant. The last straw was when her fiancee tried to force himself on me and when I confronted her she blamed me and took his side even knowing and admitting he was a liar. So at this point I'm done with her. I dont want that kind of influence around my children or me.
    mommy2abbygrace

Answer by mommy2abbygrace at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008