has anyone had a premature baby in the NICU?

my son was born 2 months early && he was in the NICU for 2 months of his life :(.. he developed a blood infection && soon after it developed into a brain infection :(..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had two, twins that were born at 31 weeks. They spent 4 weeks in NICU. They just turned 11.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• im so sorry my son was in the nicu he wasnt premature but he did have to stay in the nicu because he had problems breathing im so thankfull for all the doctors that were always ther watching him the nurses he had where very nice and the time i wasnt there they would call me every hour to give me an update and would call me at night if anythign happened
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm sorry for what you are going through. Infections are very common and really scary, we went through somethings too during our time in the NICU. It's very stressful and parents and just scary. I hope for the best for him.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son was in NICU for almost a month because of premature birth. He thrived there and everyone was very good to him. It nearly killed me to see him in the incubator, not being able to pick him up. His lungs were not fully developed and he had no eyebrows or eyelashes. He had jaundis and was under special lights, so his little eyes were covered. Today, thankfully, he is fine. Good luck to you, and lots of prayers for where ever he is in development.
    GiGito1SoFar

Answer by GiGito1SoFar at 7:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I had twins at 34, almost 35 weeks. They had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks. they are now almost 2.5 years old and doing great.
    kristyrea

Answer by kristyrea at 7:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son was supposedly to term but had a lung collapse shortly after birth. He was in the NICU for 14 days with tubes everywhere. IV in his head and his belly button. I felt so guilty. He then was hospitalized for pnemonia several times in his first year of life. I'm so glad we are out of the woods now. How is your baby now?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am so sorry to hear about your son , how is he ?

My daughter was born 2 months early weighing 3lbs 11oz and was in 19 days . She went home at 4lbs 4oz . She is 7 and you would never be able to tell now but it still affects me every now and then !
    mamahol

Answer by mamahol at 9:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010