Why does him watching porn hurt me? adult content

I feel like he is content and prefers to please himself to fantasies of other women... How do I stop feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry :( If it hurts your feelings, I think the question is how come he is not respecting your feelings about it, not how do you stop feeling this way. If you haven't talked about it already, I think you should. Good luck!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I feel the same way... I'm sorry you're going through this babe
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• (there isn't really any getting over it, I just let it go and eventually stopped caring)
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I hate it too with a passion. Its like an invasion to me even though I know that men see sex differently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't like it either. My DH (Married for over 19 years and together for over 22 years) has finally stopped but it took well over a decade for him to get it. I used to be into it with him but eventually I gave up and did something to make him realize two can play that game. I started watching pron with hot guys who were very well endowed and he did not like it. Actually started to feel insecure. "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" as I say...So, I said I will stop if he will too. men don't like to be compared as much as women. Men need to feel like they are number one in your eyes.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Do you really feel like it's okay for him to do that, or do you feel like that's the right way to feel?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• As far as I know, my husband doesn't, and I don't think I would like it if he did. I would also feel insecure and like he's comparing me to them, or what am I not doing to make him do that, and I'm not sure which would make me feel worse. Unfortunately, because I'm not going through it, I don't have much advice to stop the feeling except to talk to him about it and why it makes you feel the way it does, and if he doesn't stop then to me, that's him saying a lot more....
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 9:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think the real problem is with your self-confidence/self-esteem. If you really felt attractive and truly worthy of respect and love you would not fear a 2 dimensional digital image or even a true live stripper replacing you in your S/O's heart.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 11:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010