Do you think this is an inappropriate chant for a six year old cheerleading team?

My back's hurting,
My skirt's too tight,
My booty is shaking from left to right.

One mom did and when she said something about it they ignored her. She finally went to the media about it and her daughter was then kicked off the cheerleading team. Do you think the chant is inappropriate? What do you think about the whole situation?
Link below.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• not really,no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes I do.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't like it but I wouldn't have gone to the media about it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes, for a 6 year old. I think it is crazy that people today have problems with their children saying the pledge of aliegance to the flag at school becuase "they don't understand it." but let their children say a cheer like that and not have a problem with it. What is with people now a days?
    kristyrea

Answer by kristyrea at 7:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I do. it is suggestive of something that a 6 year old should not have any knowledge of. I am sure the girls singing it probably don't understand what is implied, but I find it innapropriate nonetheless.
    mommyharmon

Answer by mommyharmon at 7:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would have a problem with it too, it's really not age appropriate.

What I think it even more inappropriate is that they punished the girl by kicking her off the team because her mom had an issue with the chant. That in itself shows that the group did not have the childrens best interests in mind.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think the mom should have just had her sit out if she had a problem with it. I'm guessing ALL of these moms involved are kinda bitchy which let this situation esculate to this. :P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't think so, they are too young to really understand what it means so they most likely thought it was just another cheer they had to learn like all the others.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Whether they understand or not, the point is, it is inappropriate for the age group. What are we teaching the children when we smile at their attempt to act like grownups in a sexual manner?
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010