Does anyone else's husband work a lot of the time...

...and you feel like the money isn't even worth it? My husband makes good money, and I appreciate that. I'm able to stay home comfortably with my son, which means more than anything to me. It's just that sometimes, I wonder if his high salary is worth it. I feel like he's always gone. He was supposed to be done no later than 5 today, and almost 3 hours later, he's still at work. I just want to cry. I've been taking care of my son by myself for almost 12 hours today, and I'm tired and lonely. I'm not complaining about taking care of my son, I'm just...bored and in need of conversation. It's also my time of the month, so maybe that isn't helping.

I hang out with my friends when I can, but most of them aren't moms, and since I've had a baby they act like I'm 70 years old or something. Plus, they work, so they aren't available often.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Sorry to complain, I'm just having a bad day. :*(

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 7:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I know how lonely you feel..believe me. I even work part time and it doesnt help. Sometimes i call my husband during the day and he says "sorry too busy." Then when he comes home he is awake for maybe an hour but then he goes to bed. I get depressed. He hardly ever wants sex cuz he is too tired. I hate it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• YES!! mine leaves at 6 am and still isnt home..hes even worked the past 3 saturdays =( I feel like we don't even see money...bills, bills, bills.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sorry this is happening today. I had a workaholic like that and I finally told him that the deal we made when we got married and had kids was that we wanted a family, not a man who had a wife and kids at home. I told him I had been in touch with my mother and I was prepared to leave and move in with her if things didn't change. And his dad wrote him a letter telling him he was missing out on what life was really all about. it was a true turning point for him. We actually took a vacaction after that, he became a soccer coach, etc. Things turned out great. I wish you all the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My dh works anywhere from 3-4 part time jobs 6-7 days a week. I totally feel ya.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I deliberately married a man that wasn't too ambitious money wise. I've always said I didn't want a husband to be gone 14 hours a day. My SIL's husband is a lawyer and doesn't get home until 10 sometimes, he doesn't see his kids during the week. That's not my idea of family. My husband is home with me in the evenings and he's just as much a parent as I am. Although I'm not a SAHM and don't know your financial situation.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Come over and have pizza with me! LOL My hubby worked out of state all the time. I saw him for one day a week. I had the kids and had to work too. It does get depressing. He has a different job now, doesn't pay as well, but I admit it, I need the help!!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Figures...as soon as I post this, he calls to let me know that he's on his way home. Regardless, the next work day, I'm sure I'll be going through the same thing at this time. Just waiting at home.....

Arg, sorry. I feel so whiny. I usually don't whine over things, and I very rarely post anything this personal on here. It's just not my day. I'm allowed a bad day every once in a while, right?
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• YES!! mine leaves at 6 am and still isnt home..hes even worked the past 3 saturdays =( I feel like we don't even see money...bills, bills, bills. "

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we do see money, and it still doesn't make much of a difference. It's not worth it. I'd rather trade in the extra money for time with him. I'm not trying to at all rub it in your face...just explaining how it honestly doesn't even matter to me. Just goes to show...money can't make you happy.

Sorry you're feeling the same way. Hell, thank God for Cafemom, lol. At least I get to talk to some adults, even if it's not face to face, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I know how lonely you feel..believe me. I even work part time and it doesnt help. Sometimes i call my husband during the day and he says "sorry too busy." Then when he comes home he is awake for maybe an hour but then he goes to bed. I get depressed. He hardly ever wants sex cuz he is too tired. I hate it. "

I so feel you! When he gets home, he's tired, and I end up taking care of our son until he goes to bed. My husband likes to have sex, but by that point, I'M too tired. He's working tomorrow too...figures.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Shay, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way too. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010