Remember my question about Antibacterial Soap vs. Regular Soap?

There is a study on Yahoo today http://green.yahoo.com/blog/the_conscious_consumer/6/say-no-to-antibacterial-soaps.html.... Seems antibacteria soap might actually be bad for you.
Did you know this?

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 1:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Health

• Yes. The anti-bacterial soaps aren't just a marketing gimick - they are a health threat. I have never purchased them and never plan to. Like SusieD found, they can kill off the "good" bugs that live on our skin - allowing the bad ones to multiply. They can also help build up drug resistant bugs. The alcohol based cleaners like Purell are fine for when you are out-and-about but plain old soap and water wins in every test I've seen done.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Yes, I did.
    My son developed a yeast infection on his body (ALL OVER-Skin type). When it was diagnosed the doctor told us to stop using antibacterial soap. The only time it should be used is if there is an infected site to be cleaned.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Did you know ALL soap is anti-bacterial? Not just the ones labeled anti-bacterial? ALL hand soaps will kill most bacteria on your hands.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well, personally, I am a hand sanitizing gel freak! However, I did get sick three times last year with the flu... Previous years, nothing! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm??
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well, I was affraid of the fact that not everything is on a self in a store is good, so I use one company for everything. Liquid soaps, shampoos, conditioners, toothpaste, laundry detergents and even cosmetics, vitamins and all bat and body products. This way I have no problems wit antibacterial soaps. All the products I use are natural and I get them for a good price.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 10:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2008