is it true or false??

well my first doc with my pregnancy told me that you uterus messures usally how many weeks u are so i mesuraed 24 cm at 24 weeks so is that a good or bad thing...

also when do they do the nasty drink blood sugar thingy??

some one browwed my what to expect book and i never got it back... i would have looked there first...

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 1:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I go to the same hospital as you and I never had to drink that stuff. They said as long as the urine and blood dont show anything then they don't do it. If you are measuring 24 then that is perfect. I am 23 weeks and measuring at 25 and she said that is still good.
    mommyofkyra

Answer by mommyofkyra at 4:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The diabetes test is usually done between 24 and 28 weeks. I don't know about the uterus size matching the number of weeks.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My uterus was matching perfectly.... until this week. It's measuring 37 weeks and i'm only 35..... But it's a pretty accurate thing most of the time. And the diabetes test isn't THAT bad. i had to do it twice because I switched doctors and my old doctor wouldn't send the forms. It pretty much taste like an orange popsicle not frozen... REALLY sweet
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• you should be measuring in cm the number of weeks you are ..that is true.. its a good thing for the numbers to be the same it means the baby is growing at the correct rate. 26 weeks = 26 cm. thats the best indicator of the babys size with out actually measuring by ultrasound
    jaxonsmmy

Answer by jaxonsmmy at 1:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Yes the first poster is right, you will do the "Glucose Tolerance Test" very soon. 26 weeks is the average of the women that we see come in to do to (I work in a lab). If you have any other questions about it you can message me :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008