Am I wrong for this?

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and my fiancee suddenly decided to end things and completely walk away.This was about a week ago.Today a good friend of mine asked if he could take me out on a date.I'm seriously considering going out with him.I'm by no means over everything,so is it wrong to start dating again so soon? (My friend knows what happened and understands that it could take me quite a while to be emotionally open again)

s_newton86

Asked by s_newton86 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• i dont think your wrong but i would suggest you take ome time to enjoy being single and not rebound, and focus on your pregnancy
    BabyMomz201

Answer by BabyMomz201 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• there isn't anything wrong with going on a date with your friend, but keep in mind that you're probably not ready for a serious relationship at this moment. if you do go, let your friend know that you are not over your previous relationship. be clear on your limits and expectations. and, if he's willing, let him help you overcome the shitty doings of your ex. don't be afraid to express how you feel, because holding it in is just going to make it worse.
    SpookyJ

Answer by SpookyJ at 6:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I see nothing wrong with spending time with a friend who wants to be with you and help you through this possibily confusing and emotional time.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• no there is nothing wrong he walked out and your still your a women
    twinsmommy811

Answer by twinsmommy811 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• This exact situation happend with my best friend...she was scared and felt nervouse to go out with this guy she had met (she was 6 wks pregnant too) but decided she might as well. Brett her son is two this last March and she and Dave just got married two weeks ago!! you never know what will happen if you don't give it a go!
    EmMaldonado

Answer by EmMaldonado at 10:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Nothing wrong with going to dinner with a FRIEND, but as for making it as a date I'd say forget it. Maybe he's feeling sorry for you being that you are pregnant and your man left, so he wants to do something nice for you to cheer you up. Maybe he's not meaning this dinner to be a DATE and you are.

Just don't expect him to pick up the tab of raising this kid.
    You should be clearing your head, not dating. No one needs a man to make them happy. You have to put yourself and this baby first. Men later on
    Anonymous

• Since he is a friend already, I don't see the harm. He is aware of your situation.... but he is also aware of your vulnerability so be careful. He probably has true feelings since he was so quick to ask you. At any rate, have fun. I met the man of my dreams on a rebound. And my cousin started dating her husband when she was just a few months pregnant with her 14 yr old daughter. He is so much more a father than her bio father. You never know where it could take you. Have fun!!!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Somestimes you just need someone to talk to to, or to let your mind have a break, or to be you! Once you find you, you will fnd happiness!
    wrighty92

Answer by wrighty92 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• You should go in with a light heart about it though. Don't expect him to sweep you off your feet and marry you and raise the baby. It is entirely possible he is trying to be there as a friend. Don't make things awkward and push away someone supportive. However, if it goes somewhere, be sure you aren't dating him out of convenience, but out of actual emotions. Hope that makes sense.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• go and have fun. you're not wrong. you're young and vital and i' pretty sure beautiful if you have guys hitting on you pregnant, so why not enjoy it?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2008