Did this dad go too far?

Obviously so..but my question is would YOU as a mom go onto a school bus to confront bullies? Without the physical threats of course..Would the father of your kids confront them?

I gotta say after reading allegations of what the bullies did to this girl..if it was my daughter i'd be livid and i'd confront the bullies and their parents..I could see myself getting onto the bus too..but I would not threaten lives..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i think as a parent when anyone mess with your kids it's becomes 100% personal...if anyone hurt my kids i will go blind...my kids to me are everything and for them i will do everything to protect...all i can say is don't f*** with mines if you don't want to see the devil come out of me... =)

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• To be honest, if more parents did the same, it would do a lot more good than all of the touchy feel-good crud the schools and the pacifists have come up with over the last decade. Bullies generally only respond to fear. Most only laugh off the rest of the 'punishment' they might get and go right back to picking on their target. Considering the number of kids who are bullied every single day in schools across the country, I think a lot more parents need to step up.

Theoretically it is the school's job to protect your child while they are there but the reality is your child is on their own. In many cases, the school ties up its own hands so that it can do nothing with all of the ridiculous rules and regs set in place. If they (or bus drivers) can't stop/won't stop bullies than parents should be allowed to.

I don't feel any pity for a teenager who was 'scared' because the dad of the little girl he picked on yelled at him.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• can't say without knowing if the school had been given a chance to address this and what they did about it. if they had and did nothing or close to it as is so common these days, then I don't blame him.
    if schools don't like parents getting involved in such matters, they need to handle crap like this a lot more effectively than they do.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would confront the bullies. I'm not afraid of some punk kids. I would also follow the proper channels and make sure something was done about it, and in the meantime I would drive my child to school, or if the situation was bad enough, pull her out of the school and arrange for a home tutor at the school district's expense, until the situation was fully resolved.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think Daddies don't have much patience when it comes to their little girls, he should be able to plead insanity for the moment!
    And truthfully those bullies needed to be scared, you know, maybe what this little girl's daddy did, will save those kids from making this mistake again, next time, whomever they pick on, might have a gun; maybe they will stop being bullies...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think it is sad that schools and buses are so unsafe that parents are pushed to the point where they behave this way trying to protect their child. He realizes that cussing and threatening was a horrible mistake but the fact is that it never would have come to that if the schools/bus driver had done something to protect this girl from sexual harassment and bullying. It wouldn't be allowed in the work place so why is it allowed in our public school system?
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I personally would've called the police.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• and in the meantime I would drive my child to school

BINGO- My son rode the bus the 30 miles to HS in his frosh and soph years. This bus service and drivers would, in a heartbeat, ban kids for untoward behaviors- we had no trouble, but had my son had issues, I would have made other arrangements for transport.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think that the father's reaction was out of frustration. Try to file a complaint with the Office of Pupil Transportation.
    First you call one of the reps at the Office of Pupil Transportation.
    Second they give you a reference number for you to get back in any more information.
    Third The Office of Pupil Transportation assigns an inspector to the case.
    Fourth the inspector calls you to set up an appointment at your home to ride the bus with your child and yourself.
    Fifth the inspector will make sure that your child will have a safe ride.
    This process could take up to 7 days.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 8:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Nope. I'd probably then go to that child's home and tell their parents what's up. =|
    The schools/public transportation are so worried about not stepping on any toes, they don't take into consideration the mentality of the child being bullied.
    We see that only when those bullied kids (who don't say anything or do and are ignored/pushed aside) take their own lives or become violent.
    And I'm not saying every child takes this route either.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 9:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010