im 8 weeks post birth and bled today.......?

im taking my birth control so im not supposed to have a period for 2 1/2 more weeks. does anyone know why this could be? im worried maybe i got preg again, or maybe just spotting. weve been pulling out and i take BC.

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 1:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would really see your doctor and make sure everything is okay. bc is only 98% so anythings possible .good luck!
    anh2231

Answer by anh2231 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i did the same thing. my daughter is 10 weeks and i just stopped bleeding almost 2 weeks ago. i am also on birth control. my doctor said that its a good thing i was still bleeding. i was still releasing from when i gave birth. he said that it should stop between 8-9 weeks. i dont think your pregnant again i think that your body is getting back into the swing of having a period. if you are worried then call you OBGYN.
    karacannan

Answer by karacannan at 2:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• After having a baby, and resuming BC pills it is common to have break through bleeding as your body is still in flux with hormones from the pregnancy and NOW the BC pills. Give your Dr a call and ask, and i'm sure he will tell you the same thing. Sometimes it takes a few cycles for your body to get back into a routine after birth and BC pills.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My body was really irregular for a while after I had my son. I had my 1st period for two weeks and I was on bc. I thought I was going to die! It's probably normal, but if you're worried about it, I would ask your doc about it.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 4:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2008