Has anyone ever?

Has anyone ever coughed so hard when there pregnant that the whole lower part of there stomach felt like it was going to burst? Is this normal cause it was very painful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The muscles you use to cough were strained by coughing so hard. Id talk to your Dr about it. There is supposed to be a better way to cough to prevent using the lower abdominal muscles when coughing, but heck if I know what it it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I do it all the time, it hurts so bad. It also happens sometimes when I sneeze and get up too fast. It's really a pain in the butt but as far as I know it's normal.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I had a pretty bad cold two weeks ago, sneezing and coughing. I was about 6 1/2 months then and it never hurt. You should ask your doctor about that or the PA. I hope it's nothing everything is fine.
    norma_lee

Answer by norma_lee at 2:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Its normal a lot of woman have pain when they cough or sneeze. But always tell your doctor about it. I found that if I hold my stomach up while I cough or sneeze it reduces/eliminates this pain.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2008