i am a little over a month late on my period but have taken 2 pregnancy test and they came out negative. what should i do? what could this be?

nattie123

Asked by nattie123 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I get something my doctor calls 'silent periods'. I will just skip my period every once in awhile. He said as long as I take a pregnancy test and it comes out negative, not to worry. But, he also said that if I miss it two months in a row, I should call even if a pregnancy test comes out negative. In that case, he wants to make sure nothing else could be wrong. So far, that has happened, but I've been missing my periods once in a while since I was 18, even if I am on the pill.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• you could very well be pregnant. but u might not be. i never had regular periods. i'd get one this month and then not for another 2 months then not for another 2 or 3 months and i'd constantly worry about whether or not i was pregnant. the thing about pregnancy tests is that they arent always accurate. because the last period i missed for a month, i thought well hey.. that's okay, it happens all the time took a test the beginning of the next month and at the end of the month as well.. both came back negative. this was in march. low and behold, april 5th i found out i was pregnant during a doctors checkup visit.
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would contact your ob/gyn because blood work and a u/s might need to be done.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2010