Do you believe that Christianity as it exists today, accurately represents Jesus' Ideals?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 8:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Religious Debate

• In some places. But as a whole I feel that there is far too much judgement and not nearly enough unconditional love. I prefer to leave the judgement to God.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No I believe people are more absorbed with the idea of christianity than in showing what christianity is about through their actions.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• no way.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No. Not at all (as a generalisation). But that itself accurately reflects scripture.
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/20060915/article_01.htm

joojoo.JW

Answer by joojoo.JW at 9:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• as a whole no. imo Christianity is closer to the kinda religious mess Jesus was always harping on Pharisees and Sadducees for...ya know the hypocritical, holier-than-thou, praying on the street corners so everyone can see how great you are, throw the first stone, kinda stuff.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Not the way its more popularly practiced or understood....

I definitely don't think that most of what's considered "orthodoxy" does.

I believe there are some who come closer than others....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No! I dont now its all about JESUS being a magic genie, and seperation of the church under different denominations. taking our eyes off of the christian things to do like helping widows,the poor ,disabledn individuals are people that just need someone to lean on. its all about what you can get if you serve GOD not about what you can give to help someone else. For example look at all the differrent ministries on how GOD can help you get rich if you just believe when the truth is GOD never intended for all of us to be rich. I. believe personally he does supply all of our needs, and what he has given someone else may not be what he wants to give you. So yes I believe we have strayed away from the ideals of JESUS.
    dmcgee33

Answer by dmcgee33 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• In some places, and in some people. As a whole, I'm not sure.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No. IF it was then christians would be more giving and loving. Less judgemental.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010