Help with Ebay please!

put the shipping charges too low and someone messaged me and told me i'd have to pay out of my pocket because it would cost way more than that. It's a big item. So how do I fix this problem? He's right. Id be paying more than I would actually be getting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• your selling the item? or buying it?
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 2:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• if it's still up for auction and there aren't any bids and there's at least 24 hours left you can change the auction. i think you may also cancel the auction, but you might take a rating hit for it. try the EBAY FAQs for the most current policy.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• if your selling it let the highest bidder know you messed up on shipping charges and tell them it will be more. when the auction ends send him an invoice with the correct amount so he can pay that price. if he doesn't want to pay with the new shipping relist the item with the correct price.
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 2:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• she is right, if no one has bid you can end the auction but it might lower your score, so you might as well wait. besides no one had bid anyway.
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 2:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Depends on if you're sellin' or buyin'...

If you're sellin' and no one's bid, you can end that auction I think or even edit it? I'm not sure...I sell on Amazon but have some experience with eBay, too.

If you're buyin', you don't have to pay any more than you committed to. That's the seller's problem...not yours.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• If you didn't sell the item yet, then cancel the item post, then relist it again with the correct shipping costs.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2008