At what age do you allow children to watch PG, PG13, and R rated movies??

Do you wait until the recommended age, or do you use your own discretion?? Have you ever watched a movie that someone recommended and then was horrified that it really wasn't for your kids???

Anidawehiwahya

Asked by Anidawehiwahya at 9:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Entertainment

• I use discretion... I screen movies BEFORE they watch them. I do not base my decision on the rating, but on the actual film.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My kids have been watching those kinds of movies since...always. They can pretty much watch any PG or PG13 movie and have seen some R movies. It just depends on what the movie is about. Some of their favorite movies are rated PG13 (probably for violence). My oldest is 10.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'd have to say my own discretion.
    Plus if you look at the real ratings you may be shocked.
    And yes, the shrek movies I wont allow my daughter to watch until she's older.
    I remember my mom taking me and my stepbrothers to the drive in's to see 'Titanic' and before I could lean over the seat to see 'the scene' we were booking it out of there. =D

http://www.babycenter.com/0_what-movie-ratings-really-mean_64195.bc
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 9:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010