Ouch!!!

Anyone ever had water on their knee, I crushed my knee cap when I was 10 and after it healed I have been fine, but know its all swollen and hurts like hell, My husband( who is not a doc) thinks theirs water on it. Just wondering if any one has experienced this and what u did to make it better.....

MaineMomAh2

Asked by MaineMomAh2 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• I have no idea, but I hope you get better soon.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 9:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Thanx!
    MaineMomAh2

Comment by MaineMomAh2 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Maybe go to the hospital?
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Do not go to the hospital, it is not life threatening... Try an ice pack for 20 minutes every hour. This is the advice i got just recently from my Dr after I twisted my knee a few weeks back. Try (if you can take them) an anti-inflammatory- ibuprofen, motrin, etc... If it is not better by Monday, call the Dr, but stay out of the ER unless you cannot walk, or the pain is radiating to other parts of your body.
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 11:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Hate hospitals, last time I went it was only cuz I was ahving a baby lol that was almost 5 yrs ago.... trying tylenol, I will try the ice, thanx for the advise!!! : )
    MaineMomAh2

Comment by MaineMomAh2 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No, but I hope that you start to feel better.
    Natly2007

Answer by Natly2007 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't have water on the knee but I do have constant knee pain from my knee caps not moving right. I wrapped my knees when the pain was worst, elevated them, took tylenol or motrin, and alternated heat and cold (more cold than heat- heat can inflame tissues and over time cause more pain). One thing that helped is something called ice massage- take an ice cube and move it over the inflamed area (don't stop moving it) until the ice has melted away. It makes my knees feel better if they are really sore. I usually do some warm (not hot) compresses right after that since too much cold makes my joints stiff and more painful. Biggest thing is to try and stay off the knee as much as possible until the swelling and pain subside. Making sure they aren't bent at right angles or straight for very long periods of time can also help by keeping them from getting stiff. A pillow under them with your legs out can prevent that.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Any misalignment in the knee will cause swelling & fluid to collect around the injured area. Many times the Tibia or Fibula misalign and can pinch nerves and cause pain. Often the patella (kneecap) gets pushed up and stuck in that position making it hard to bend the knee. A good Chiropractor knows how to set the bones back in the right position and once this is done, the pain & swelling will go away immediately. In the meantime, ice is your friend.
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 2:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010