ok ladies i need your help! any of your kids ever hide anything????

ok my daughter took off with our remote for digital cable! i have torn this house apart looking for it i am at a loss can you help me think l;ike a two year old and think of places it would be maybe! we cant watch anything without it and the cable company will charge us 75 dollars if we cant find it

babykins362003

Asked by babykins362003 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• try the refrigerator
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 2:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Does she have secret hiding places or like a dollhouse, a stuffed animal that has pockets? A junk drawer?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• When my neice would do that I'd get on all fours and look so I'd be down at her level!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My son likes to "put things away." I would check every drawer and door she can reach. Also look in diaper bags, larger toys,e tc. They can be very creative. We are still missing a remote from 3 years ago that was cleverly hidden. Also, my boys are known for "packing" them into diaper bags for when we go out. Then they play with them when we are out and we assume they belong there and well....there goes our remotes.
    Good luck on your search!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 2:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I have found things in the fridge, also the trash
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Mine lost my car keys once and luckily I hit my foot on an old diaper bag on the floor and it jingled,try looking in everything like under beds,under couch cushons put urself to their level.good luck.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 3:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I would definitely check the trash before you take it out.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i used to find things in the trash but lately the remotes get shoved into the side of the couch... and we cant find it.. (hide a bed couch) or look under a pile of clothes, or under the entertainment center. or under the end tables... our son did like to thow things in the fish tank but that has stopped...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• If there are any toys, clothes, blankets on the floor, look there. My kids love to put stuff on the floor, then toss a blanket over it. Also, if you haven't already, check the most obvious place that you wouldn't think of: everywhere around the TV. My youngest thought it was hilarious to put the remote behind the TV, and I spent 3 hours searching the house, with him laughing his little behind off the entire time. I finally gave up, and while I was on the phone with the satellite company to get a new one, he goes behind the TV, grabs it and brings it to me. Check laundry baskets/hampers, linen closets, her dresser drawers, under her bed, her closet, and if you have a recliner chair, check down in the sides of it...I have stuff getting stuck in there all the time. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• true and tested way.. if she actually HID the remote.. or knows where she put it.. and won't tell.
    IF you have another remote in the house - GIVE IT TO HER.. and ask her to trade... or just watch her and see where she goes with it..
    My son hid my car/house and work keys one morning before work.. I found an extra set of unused keys and we "traded". Mine were in one of the bottom kitchen cabinets, inside a pan i never use.
    If i hadn't traded.. who knows if i ever would have found them.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2008