Question for Nursing moms

Its been a while since my son was a baby, I'm expecting my 2nd and plan to nurse...um stupid question...were you always at home during the first few months or were able to still go out and do normal stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Went out every once in awhile lol. But I was pretty home bound, I was scared and all to do ANYTHING with her
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 2:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I go out all the time. I got a weighed nursing shaw at Babies R us for like 12.00 and I just cover up, pull it out and feed her where ever I am.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 2:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• weighted i meant to say, it's got a little weight in one corner to help you stay covered.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 2:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I went out sometimes, it just depended on what I had to do or had planned. I didn't let nursing get in the way of going out.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 2:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• we stayed in for the first few 2-3 months or so (i had a c sections and a long recovery) after that we go all over, most places like childrens museum have a place for nursing moms to nurse. Just ask at the desk.
    mylilredheadboy

Answer by mylilredheadboy at 2:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I went everywhere I wanted to go, its legal to BF in public anywhere your baby is allowed to be, check out your states laws google it.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I went wherever I wanted. Even to disneyland when he was a month old. it's legal to nurse wherever you are.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I went wherever I wanted/needed to and still do. Nursing has not changed my life in any way (except that I lost 40lbs from it, lol, that was a nice side effect!). It's also nice not having to drag around more than my baby, baby carrier and a purse (my purse holds the diapers, wipes and a spare outfit or two--and it's not a very big purse--with everything else I'd usually carry around). It was just a matter of learning how to nurse under my shirt so that nobody sees anything while I'm doing it and my baby and I are totally comfortable. The only thing that slowed me down was that my daughter was born by cesarean, so I had to take it easy for the first 6 weeks and couldn't nurse in a cradle hold (so had to learn to nurse discreetly with a football hold, which wasn't hard at all once I figured it out, lol).
    Xakana

Answer by Xakana at 3:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I pumped whenever I went out..I produced a lot of milkkkkkkk
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• we were always out and about.. i mean sure i made sure i got a good nap before we went anywhere in the early weeks, but we were either shopping, or at either grandparents homes.. i nursed in the car, or had my pump with me, ( batteries) and took it everywhere, having a baby didnt change our lifestyle, just our lives.. more to love and show..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2008