anyone sew curtains?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Entertainment

• I have sewn dozens especially for my kids.
    daniellelicious

Answer by daniellelicious at 10:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• hell no I cant so for nothing! I do wish I knew how though.
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 10:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I do!!! the easiest way is to use old bed sheets, or buy some really cheap ones. (I recently found enough for the entire nursery for our baby, for $8!!)
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 9:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have sewn several types of curtains I have made long panels with beading along the edge, plain sheer panels, valences, balloon shades (like a puffy roman shade) and line and insulated roman shades. Curtains are really pretty easy. Most are just sewing straight lines the hardest part with curtains is squaring everything. It's especially important because if they are not square they look terrible and many fabrics tend to sag in certain directions so having everything even and square helps minimize that too. There are many sewing books and on-line instructions that can tell you how to make various kinds of window coverings. Figure out what you want then watch some videos read some tutorials and make sure you have a large flat surface and all the necessary tools before you begin.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 10:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yup. Just made my formal dining room drapes and valance!
    hope4emma

Answer by hope4emma at 10:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have made all the curtains in my house and for several other people. I love to sew. If you need help, I would be glad to give you advice. I go to yardsales and rummage sales and get fabric very cheap. My curtains look like professional, but for pennies.
    cardinal58

Answer by cardinal58 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• it depends on what type of curtains you are looking for. I have made curtains for my entire home already. Some can get expensive but then some are so cheap it's not funny. are you looking to make something fancy or something simple? What is your style? I sew for a living... that's my job. You can ask me any questions. :D
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 10:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• hope4emma, have pix? i would love to see what they turn out to be?
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• thanks so much. when i get the fabric i will look back to this post if i need help! thanks ladies!
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010