Does you MIL watch your children while you work? If so, how is it working out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• that made me actually laugh out loud! No way in hell would that happen!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 2:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My MIL is fantastic and she does a great job caring for my son. She is the next best thing to mama.
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I do not work. But my MIL watches my ds sometimes when I run errands (She only lives about 5 mins away) I doesn't really work out. She never lets my ds sleep...ever! It makes me so mad I feel so bad for him.
    Anonymous

• My son's nana (she's not my MIL b/c we are not together) used to watch him and it was a NIGHTMARE. She spoiled my kid rotten and fed him nothing but junk, he was 2 years old and drinking dr. pepper everyday. I would kindly ask her to follow my rules but she wouldnt, and then I would feel guilty for fussing because she was watching him for free. I was so happy when I put him in daycare when he turned three...just wish I would have done it sooner....

abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• well, yes and no.

We usually work around the schedule and ihate to put her through all day with those monkeys.

It works fine to me, but you may find some behavior or some attitude you don't allow in your house. Though it is not your mother in law's problem, your children have to learn it. Grannny's house granny's rule and not allow in mommy's house. Trust me, they learn fast and hide well.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• she did for a while but she just ended up taking advantage if us just like i thought she would
    veebaby

Answer by veebaby at 5:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• She did when they were smaller and it helped out a lot, but I felt like I was taking advantage of her!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• It's great. She loves having my kids over and tells me i can take them everyday to her. My son loves it and i don't trust day care or other people that i don't now so i live them with my mother in law.
    GARCIA2

Answer by GARCIA2 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My MIL takes care of my 2 1/2 dd and has been since she was 3 mos old. I am grateful and it saves me a ton of money in child care costs however, she is old school Italian and her ways are just different god love her. I will be enrolling my dd in a pre-school program 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hrs a day just to give my MIL a break and so my dd can learn and be with other children her own age.
    camjay

Answer by camjay at 8:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Some days she does. It drives me nuts. She feeds him junk (one day I came home earlier and dinner was.. A BROWNIE) and does nothing but let him watch TV and play computer all day.
    Anonymous