What do your remember about school dances?

babybutastink

Asked by babybutastink at 10:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No one dancing for the first hour til it was darker outside, and only after the DJ telling people to snowball.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I was not allowed to go.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• The first school dance I went to I was in 5th grade. it was a square dance type dance, and the 6th graders came back from camp and taught us. it was right after school for 2 hours (not a night dance), and alot of fun. We did the Virginia Reel, Some kind of Peel the Banana Dance, and another one in a line (20+ yrs ago) ... LOL
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 10:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• That I wasn't ever allowed to go...

The ONLY dance I was allowed to attend was my Prom and my date was a super dick! He wouldn't dance, refused to let me take pictures, fell asleep on top of me and wouldn't let me eat the midnight buffet because he didn't want to move (as he was asleep across my lap)...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Changing into a cute skirt and blouse in a portable; I had on one of those nerdy band uniforms. Then going to the dance praying a certain boy would show up. Mostly all of us talking and not much dancing. It was the 70's so at least the music was good.
    DianeParog

Answer by DianeParog at 11:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i had high school dances as memories. We would dance in a crowd of girls & when the slowdance came on you would be wishing someone would ask but usually didnt. Then it was a billy idol song would come on "mony mony" and all hell would break loose. The kids would all start yelling (at a catholic school) "get laid get fucked" and they would stop the dance cold telling us there would never ever be another dance if we couldnt behave in a christian manner. Needless to say, there were other dances and it happened at every single one:)
    babybutastink

Comment by babybutastink (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2010