do you think this is controlling?

i'm a sahm. my so works second shift so he gets home after midnight. when he gets paid he goes grocery shopping after work. he never lets me or our son go with him. he never lets me choose what we are going to get for groceries. whenever he goes to walmart or somewhere to get diapers and household items he doesn't let me or our son go there either. i've asked him why he doesn't let us go he says it's hard taking our son. but he is 11 months old. i take him to the store with me in his stroller when i have to get his formula. he doesn't cry or anything. do you think this is controlling? if so any advice on what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If you insist on going what does he do? Maybe he just thinks it's a hassle to have to get the stroller out and up and out and up again just to get some shopping done. Or maybe he thinks that since it's late, the baby should be sleeping and he doesn't want to get him out if he is. I would talk to him about it and figure out what exactly is going on.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Sounds like a poor excuse. But I would be happy if my man shopped for the family! But with him refusing to let you guys go it does sounds a little controlling.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It's weird...but I think it would only be controlling if he MAKES you stay at home. If you argue him and say..."no i'm going" would he let you?
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• This is kind of strange. Not to worry you, but do you think something else is going on? It sounds controlling but also sounds like he is hiding something...
    KristinasMom163

Answer by KristinasMom163 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• seems a little controlling. maybe its his way of unwinding after work? IDK
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 10:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• That is extremely weird. Not sure why he wants to do the shopping and it doesn't make sense that he won't let you go. I would tell him that you are going whether he likes it or not because you want to get out of the house and spend time with him.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 10:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• This sounds very controlling, was he always like this.?
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• To me, it doesn't really sound controling. I would be more worried about him cheating personally. It sounds more like he doesn't want to be seen with you. He obviously doesn't stop you from going out at all, he doesn't want you going out with him. So, something is up.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• This is strange. Have you been irresponsible with money in the past? Maybe he really feels he's doing you a favor by letting you stay home and not have to take the baby in and out of the car!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2010