how many newer moms out there are 40 ish? I feel like the only one who isn't 25!

It seems all the "mom sites" and clubs are for women under 30. Anyone out there find stuff for those of us with young kids but ourselves over 35?

BEMomma

Asked by BEMomma at 2:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was six days shy of 36 when my son was born, and have never had problems with online sites like this one. I tell the youngsters they're still babies themselves. privilege of being an old fart and proud of it. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Hi, I am 30 w/ a 3 1/2 yr. old and a 7 mos. old. I haven't been active on this site for very long but it seems to have a group for moms of all ages. I do think moms in their 20's way out number moms over 30 and have more support avenues. But I think you can find plenty of other moms on here who feel the same as you do. There's a group called '35 and over with small children' with almost 1,000 members that may be helpful to you.
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 3:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm 41 and my little girl is just 26 months. I don't think it's that the mom sites are for younger moms - it's just that most moms are younger than us.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Funny, I take my son to school and I feel like all the moms are way older than me (I'm 27). (My stepson is 5.)
    Anonymous

• im in the same boat as anon..im 25 and my 4yr olds preschool is FILLED with moms over 35..im definetly the youngest there..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My son is 21 months old and I am 40 and my husband is 51. What is really bad is when someone you don't know asks us if he is our GRANDCHILD. OMG, this hurts lol. We really don't look that old, but boy do we feel it. Just letting you know that you're not the only old lady out here.
    DonnaD40

Answer by DonnaD40 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm turning 33 this Saturday and my son just turned 1 last week. I'm seriously the only mom my age at my church who didn't start having kids somewhere between 12 and 15 years ago! My friend is only 5 years older than me and she has an 18 year old! Her youngest is 4, but still....it's just weird for me!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I am 47 with an 11 year old and 9 year old always looking to communicate with moms like myself
    sispat

Answer by sispat at 9:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2008