Question for woman who didn't know they were pregnant until a couple months later...

I know no one can tell me if I'm pregnant or not, but I am looking for some advice. I went off the pill in July, to give myself 3 months to prepare to get pregnant. I had unprotected sex once in August (a drunken night - before I had got my first period off the pill). My periods have been on a 27 day cycle on the pill and I didn't get it until day 41. It was very light - like spotting, for about 3 days then it was gone. I have had a period every month - around 34 days, but it's very very very light and only lasts a couple days (my periods were VERY heavy before).

I have been feeling funny as well - I am losing clumps of hair in the shower, and need to empty my brush every time I use it. I have been light headed a bit, with trail vision. My boobs look huge for some reason (but no tenderness). I have been misjudging distances (like stairs - I almost fell down them twice in one day).

continued...

lamr

Asked by lamr at 3:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• My husband and I are now trying to conceive, but this has been happening for a while. I have taken a few tests, but all come back negative.

So my question is to people who didnt know they were pregnant until a couple months into their pregnancy - did you still get your period and negative results? I am very confused as to what is happening to me if I am not pregnant.

I don't want to go to the doctors as of yet. I would have to take time off work as my doctor is old and is only open until 2pm every day. If people think it's possible that I am then I probably will.

Thanks in advance.
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 3:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Yep! I got pregnant and didn't know until I was 5 months pregnant. My periods didn't STOP they just were different. I FELT that there was something different so I took a pregnancy test every week and they were all negative. I finally got an ultrasound ordered to see if I had a blood clot or a tumor and there was a 5 month developed baby boy inside me!
    I too had trouble judging distances, I fell down a few times, and got sooo dizzy sometimes that I fell. You might be preggers!!! But keep an eye on yourself. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You could find a Planned Parenthood or health clinic. They charge small fees for pregnancy tests.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think you should seriously be seen by a professional,

I found out i was prego with the first at around 17 weeks because i never had periods correctly.

Now, what your going thru, losing hair, and vison problems, and seems to be somthing
    way diff that pregnancy.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i didnt find out i was pregnant with my dd until i was 3 months because i didnt have a period for over a year and didnt think it was even possible for me to get pregnant
    tinkerbell42155

Answer by tinkerbell42155 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2008