My Kitten is Being Neutered Tomorrow...

and I was asked to bring a towel. I'm not certain what this is for. Should I just bring a dish towel? I worry that a regular-sized towel will make his carrier too cramped.

SMH2010

Asked by SMH2010 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pets

• Sometimes after an animal gets anesthesia they shiver while they are waking up. They probably asked you to bring a towel to wrap him up in and keep him cozy, especially for the ride home. I'd bring a regular sized towel. Nuetering a male cat is actually a pretty simple procedure so no worries it will all be fine and you're doing the right thing :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Regular towel. Sometimes there are fluid leaks. Protecting you, your clothes, your car.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Also, good for you for helping him out and controlling then population. I'm sure cats would use condoms if their claws didn't poke holes in them. ;)
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• The towel is for the carrier. Cats waking up from anesthesia need to be kept warm because the part of the brain that regulates body temperature is not as active when the animal is under anesthesia.

ivy102381

Answer by ivy102381 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• aww, sad!!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 10:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• take a thin regular sized towel, but fold it over a time or two so it won't crowd the carrier. It's probably just in case little one doesn't bleed and get it on everything...and also to make it more comfortable.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• find something the kitty likes like if it has a cat bed bring it and a blanket it likes cause they will b set n recovery and get disoriented a bit just make it feel like your doing whats best and not leaving it behind :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I think you should bring a big one.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Thanks ecodani, it breaks my heart to take his food away all night and to have him castrated but it really is for the best.
    SMH2010

Comment by SMH2010 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• ha if I could spell neutering right... lol sorry!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010