List some songs ....

Okay so I have a blog - 101 things I want to do in a 1001 days and one of the things I wanted to do was audition for something pertaining to singing . Well American Idol is actually doing some online auditions this year and I never felt comfortable to do it in person I figured I would try - the worst they could say is no and that would be that , if they said yes that is great but whatever lol . Alot of people are telling me I should just go for it so I figured what the heck !
Okay so do me a favor ladies can you list some songs , any genre , no matter how old that sound good accapella ? I am willing to download and listen if I do not know the song !

Thanks a million !!!

mamahol

Asked by mamahol at 10:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Stay away from Aerosmith and JLo songs since they are judges and will be super critical.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have heard Unchained Melody done accapella and it usually turns out pretty good. Also, I would recommend Where do fallen Angels go by Aerosmith, but only because I LOVE that song!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Thanks , I never heard of the Aerosmith song so I will look that up !!
    mamahol

Comment by mamahol (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KTFoMJi3uE
    Wonderful World by Sam Cooke...
    First heard the song in the movie Witness and have loved it ever since..
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 10:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• if you can do "Chain of Fools" and have it sound good then i'd be impressed. :D I have yet to hear anyone do it and have it sound anything like Aretha Franklin.
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 10:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Super star by Luther Vandross
    nehi81

Answer by nehi81 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sugarland's "stay" is one... I can't really think of any others right now, though, lol, I'm exhausted. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Thank you ladies ! And beside staying away from judges songs Ialso want to stay away from songs that are done to much ! I know I will not get anywhere but the satisfaction of hitting submit and my kids seeing me for once try is good enough for me and al I really want . I do not expect anymore !!
    mamahol

Comment by mamahol (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• "I can't make you love me" by Bonnie Raitt
    "Three Wooden Crosses" by Randy Travis

how do u do the video auditions?
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It was on my local fox news station and it is on the opening page of myspace.com - you can actually go to americanidol.com and be redirected to the correct info !
    mamahol

Comment by mamahol (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2010