I'm getting VERY frustrated with my hubby's lil sis!

She's becoming a holy terror!!! She's 12 yrs old and a total brat. Whenever Josh loves on me then goes somewhere she'll say stuff like, "He's MY brother" or "He loves me more I hope you know". Yesterday she had a FIT because he brought me an unexpected treat, vanilla sundae with lots of fudge. She practically freaked out because he didn't bring her one, she said "But I'm your SISTER! Why can't I have that?!". And he said "Because it's for Marlye." I've tried explaining to her that just because he loves me doesn't mean he loves her any less. I told her that he loves me in a different way....

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 3:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• She's just a 12 year old brat right now, give her some time to grow up and you'll be able to tease the crap out of her when she's older, lol
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• She also gets pissy when ppl moon over us having a baby. She says "God they're just having a kid!"
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i think he needs a one on one talk with her...Or something..She's just a little jealous..
    DiddlesMom777

Answer by DiddlesMom777 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Did you tell her mom to have a talk with her? Tell her that yes u know she's young and she'll grow out of it but its really bothering u right now. Tell ur husband to make her understand that when he buys things for u that doesn;t mean he has to buy them for her too. You guys are together and have a baby. I hope you guys don't live with her.
    Anonymous

• It's just the age. This, too, shall pass. In the meantime, since it's really bothering you (and understandably so), you might have your husband and your MIL talk to her. I'm not sure it'd be a good idea or not for YOU to talk to her yourself since you're pregnant and hormonal. Only you know if that would be a good idea. Best wishes to y'all...
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Do you live with her? It sounds like she is jealous and trying to get attention. Her mother should be disciplining her, and please do not reward her negative behavior. I would try to ignore it possible and not visit her, if you live separately. Don't let her babysit!

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• HE needs to talk to her about how she is acting - he needs to be the one explaining things and if that doesnt work then his & hers parents need to get involved - this is not where you need to be because she will never accept the correct answer from you because its YOU giving her it...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Yeah we all live in a great big house until my and my hubby's house is done being built.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2008