• In the Spotlight:

is it really that quick?

I'm sure that it's simply because I haven't been through it yet....and I already know every pregnancy is different. But do symptoms really happen that fast??? I mean, I see some posts from people wondering if they are when they are only "maybe" a couple of weeks? I'm feeling very naive....and surprisingly shocked that they happen that quickly, maybe it's just because a lot of women that I've known don't know that they are until close to their 2nd-3rd month, not 2 weeks after it happens....

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 11:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've heard women say they do, but the only time I experienced any symptoms when I thought I might be was when we were ttc and they were psychosomatic. With both of my pregnancies my symptoms started around 8 weeks.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i knew with both my kids early on with my first i was 6 weeks and with my second i was 4 weeks
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I know right away cause I break out in hives! I've only had hives twice when I got pg with my son and when I got pg with my daughter...It's really strange and my family thinks it's hilarious! But that's the only early symptom I have that early
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Ginger---that's kind of why I was asking...do they really happen that quick or is it more wishful (or nervous) thinking because they are TTC...
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My boobs doubled in size 11 days after conception.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My boobs doubled in size 11 days after conception

--Wow!!! Damn! of course if mine did that, I'd be at the size I want to be!
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I had some CRAZY hot flashes (had never had them before) several days before AF was due. Of course a few other things that could have just been labeled as pms, though they were uncommon for me.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I started having symptoms before I even missed a period. I was sleeping like crazy and was still tired. And the thought of certain drinks and foods or the smell of them would make me want to throw up. I took a test 4 days before I supposed to get my period and it was positive! Some womens' bodies are just more sensitive to the hormone changes than others.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• They say you can get a positive pregnancy result being 2 or more weeks pregnant. I never had any symptoms that early but all women are different.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• With my son I had symptoms from around 10 weeks and this is also when I got my first positive test, with my current pregnancy, I had symptoms from around 2 weeks and had it confirmed at 8weeks by scan as my hcg level is apparently low so I don't seem to get early positives.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2010