Is it wrong..?

I have an 8 month old son who I love to death! I was wondering if it was selfish of me to want another baby? Im not going to have another one right away because I cant finacally afford it right now , I was jus curious if it was selfish to want another baby soo soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Its only selfish if your BF/DH doesnt agree with it. And it depends on the reason why you want another child.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• No, not at all!!!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Not at all. I got preg with my daughter when my son is 9 months. My son is so happy and he loves his little sister and my daughter loves her brother. It's nice because I know they'll be really close when they get older, so no, I don't think it's selfish at all.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Not at all! Just let your little one have time to be the baby and have the spotlight for awhile.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• No but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that feels that way, but my husband doesn't want another one and I think he's selfish LOL.
    dmomma317

Answer by dmomma317 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• no I don't think that it's selfish to want another 1, Kids are beautiful, lots of work, but that comes with being a loving parent... I'm happy I had my kids close to each other, well 6 & 4... most of the clothes & items came in handy, & most of all they get to grow up together, & they will keep each other company. I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.. God bless.
    Anonymous

• Please check out the site Empathic Parenting and read about closely-spaced children. Before the age of four, your child's love for you is intense and total (your love for your spouse pales in comparison), so just imagine how much hurt you cause if you withdraw from him and turn your love or your time toward a new arrival! I didn't know about this before I was pregnant the 2nd time. My sons were born18 months apart. I had learned a lot in the Waldorf movement, and I had my husband's support for staying home to mother them both. I faced a challenge to NOT break my toddler's heart when the new one arrived. Of course I did not completely succeed, and I'm choking up as I type when I think of my sweet oldest one's periods of sadness and feeling lost. Please, please learn about this and devote yourself to loving your child. You can do it ! It needs only a couple of years to give him wholeness for the rest of his life!!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• no, it would be selfish to have one anyway, knowing you cna't provide for it.
    you are just going thru a phase - having a bit of the baby fever. concentrate on your baby and it will pass. kudos for being responsible!
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• It's not selfish to want more children. I am expecting my 2nd child in January and my son will be turning one in ten days. I feel like I am just giving him someone to play with all the time. I am sad that I won't be able to give him my undivided attention all the time now, but he will adjust. I am nervous of all the extra work though! LOL. Seriously, wanting more children is a beautiful thing. If you didn't love the one you have so much now, you probably wouldn't want more. It just means you're a loving person who has lots of love to share. So I say, when you feel ready for more, don't feel like you are being selfish. Go ahead and expand your loving home!
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 4:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• It isnt a GREAT idea,

But who is ready for a child anyway?

I mean cash wise, ....their more money than we ever realize,

You have an infant alreay,
    i would think realistic here, and wait awhile
    If you have no cash for this new baby,.....it will be very hard for you.
    at least save a little make sure you and your family is stable,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2008