how to prep him for preschool....?

my son is 2 1/2 and I would like to start prepping him for what is ahead even though it might not be till next year. He's already pretty smart learning his numbers, colors, shapes, etc.....but he has SO OOOOO much energy and no attention span we find it extremely difficult to teach him anything more then he already knows. I found that when he watches Blue's Clues....he learns a few new things like the names of new objects, or blue skies is the newest. any way....is there a certain routine we should do to get him learning better and practicing preschool habits? im confused on what to do next. (he's not potty trained i know he needs to be in order to go to school) should i play "school" with him daily?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• see if there is a head start near you there a great pre school its from ages 3-5 n they get them ready for kindergarden n let me tell you a hell lot better than public school pre k's i have 4 kids n the older 3 1 did not go to head start but i'm wish i would have known about it
    amommyslife03

Answer by amommyslife03 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes have him sit down and color and if he trys to get up tell him if he wants to go to school hes gotta sit for a lil while longer....but 2 1/2 dont worrry about it start that when he is 3 1/2
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I didn't do anything to prep my kids for preschool... they just went. My DD leaned everything she needed to knowf for kindergarten, and my DS is in his pre-k year and knows all his colors, right from left, etc... all the stuff he needs to know. I don't think you need to prep them, that's what pre-school does... prep them for Kindergarten.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• when he is in pre k teah him to write his first name that is very important and he needs to know the alphabet colors numbers and shapes if he knows that then he shold do good in k
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010