OMG!!!

SOOO aggravated with my hair! About to lop it all off (again!)... I don't want to do it, but I HATE how it looks! WTF should I do? My avatar is currently how it looks. effing HATE it.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 11:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Why? Is it frizzy or something?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• sometimes a new doo is just the thing for what you are feeling. Im to that point myself this weekend. I usually pull it all up in a pony tail and Im so tired of it,,,lets get new hair cuts this weekend!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You could try straightening and layering it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No, you should let it grow!!!
    You will have to tolerate an awkward period for a while, but if you get the help of a great stylist and you are willing to put in a few minutes a day, it won't be that bad. Once it is long enough, your stylist will be able to use his or skill along your hair's texture to enhance your features.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 11:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If you are trying to resist cutting it, sometimes a good old deep conditioning treatment and a TRIM does the trick to help it lay better. I tell my customers if they like their length, lets just keep the length and give it some shape!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You could try... shaving your head. You never know.

Can you afford to look at Japanese processed straightening? Could you find a stylist who is expert in curly hair?

Being of the 'permanently straight, perms don't hold' hair, can I tell you how much people with fine, limp hair hate you? Embrace your real hair and get a stylist who can make it look good without you having to go to war with it daily...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Any time I complained about my hair my dad would tell me "let the hide be the guide" (shave it off)
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Thing is, I ***have*** shaved it all off before. And that is what I feel like doing now. I cut it all off a few months ago, if you look @ my pix you'll see how short it was... I'm used to styling my own hair, and the last time I cut it was a final fuck you to my ex husband who would not allow me to cut my hair. Now I am trying to grow it out, but I hate this in between phase! I look in the mirror and just want to cry because I can't do anything with it.

Layers are NOT an option for hair this curly, nor is straightening... The avatar shows THE straightest I can get it. I just want to be done with it, but I promised Ken I wouldn't cut it that short again. It was WAY too boyish.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oh i know what your talking about. I have known alot of women to hate that middle phase. My advice gets lots of hair stuff like bans, clips whatever and use those to help with this phase of hair.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 1:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Styling gel, mousse
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 18, 2010