• In the Spotlight:

I Think it's a cold sore?.. Help!

I have little bumps just under my bottom lip and their itchy and puffy it started Yesterday (friday). I dont have $$ right now to buy that cold sore stuff. What can i use at home for now. can i use Polysporen? or what should i do? Oh and another thing. Should i NOT kiss my 5 month old AT ALL? (ckeeks,forhead feet ect.)

luvdatt

Asked by luvdatt at 3:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Health

• Its possibly a cold sore.u can use abreva..but it only helps if you apply it as soon as the itching starts. Oh and you shouldn't kiss anyone when u have a cold sore
    Anonymous

• Cold sores are contagious. I wouldn't kiss your baby on the mouth or hands until it is gone. I like to use ice to bring down th puffiness, and I find it soothing. The best I have tried over the years is abreva. I know you mentioned money is tight right now. Do you have anything that will soothe it. I've read vicks vapor rub is soothing or just plain old chapstick.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 3:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• the supplement Lysine is excellent for not only treating cold sores but keeping them away and is usually much less expensive than commercially formulated items. I do know that Abreva works when there is an outbreak, however.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Thanks alot!
    luvdatt

Answer by luvdatt at 5:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Load up on vitamin C. I suffered with cold sores for years and no OTC or prescription stuff worked until I started supplementing. Now I don't get them at all.
    Anonymous

• I love Campho-phenique... It's a a little tube and it works great!
    blessedw2girls

Answer by blessedw2girls at 10:14 PM on May. 1, 2009