Do you think eating after midnight is bad for you?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• not if you follow the right diet all day
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have heard it's all about how many calories you have eaten all day that really matters. But I can't imagine having a big bowl of ice cream before bed being good for you. If you are hungry try to eat something healthy like a piece of fruit or a handful of nuts (nuts are a source of good fats, they also have protein and fiber)
    jrock75

Answer by jrock75 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't eat past 9 because my body won't have time to use the food. depends on when you go to sleep i guess. I've always heard it's not good
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• When you work the night shift, you don't have much choice, and I find I'm not nearly as hungry as I was on days.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oh, sorry, to answer your question.....I don't know, but I hope not provided you make good choices.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It depends on how active you are on a daily basis. If you have a really good metabolism and exercise often, it's okay. If you have a slower metabolism and don't work out often, not such a good idea. However, it is bad to eat and immediately lie down. You should give your food some time to digest and allow gravity to help pull it through the digestive tract.
    TipToe19

Answer by TipToe19 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Nutritionist say that you shouldn't eat past 7pm b/c your body is at it's lowest activity level and you wont be able to burn off the calories before you go to bed.... I say make yourself some hot tea or drink some water if you're really trying to be good. Or if you're really hungry and insist on eating something, look through the pantry and fridge and find the lowest calorie snack
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I don't eat after dinner- 6pm. I go to bed around 9-9:30. I used to be an evening muncher and would blow my whole day of being good by munching. It took about a month till the urge to munch all evening went away but it did.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 7:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• If a mogwai eats after midnight he turns into a gremlin :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010