Miracles do happen

Do you have a personal miracle that you would like to share to uplift others? I have many things in my life that I think of as miraculous. Two are my babies (21 mo old DS, and 4 mo old DD). I had two miscarriages in 2007 and as you can imagine I was devastated and depressed. I didn't turn my back on God, but I told Him that I didn't understand and that I needed time to grieve. Little did I know that I had a blood disorder that caused clotting and that I could have died from carrying either of the children. It took losing two children before the tests could be given to find this out. Afterward I was treated and conceived and had my two babies. I feel God saved my life and because I did not give up on Him, He returned both lost babies back to me! You cannot imagine the blessings they have been in my life!

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have a little girl who was born with a heart defect. They didn't find it until she was four and when they found it, she had to have Emergency Open Heart Surgery. She nearly died. She could have died at any moment. God had been taking care of her and watching over her when she was so sick. He knew just what she needed to be okay and he took care of her. He guided the Doctors and Nurses and her heart started beating as it should have when they took her off of the heart/lung bypass machine. She is such a Miracle and a Figheter. God is so good :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:51 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I love that OP, what a great story! My first pregnancy was a miscarriage, and I worried that I would have the same troubles my mom did. (She ended up with two, me and my sister, but not without double digit - yes, double digit! - miscarriages). But shortly after my first miscarriage came DD#1 and then DD#2, both healthy and gorgeous. I also believe small miracles happen, like the $100 bill that showed up in my mailbox with no return address at a time when I had nothing, and had been crying all morning worrying how I would feed my girls.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• wow!! thats amazing! makes me think of that song by garth brooks - "unanswered prayers"...He definetly works in mysterious ways and doesnt give us more than what we can handle. Im sorry for your two losses, but, you have them back now, and thats awesome :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My Granny is 96 years old and going strong! Thats miraculous!
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My sons are my miracles.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My fourth child, came so quickly and I hemoraged so bad, the pain in my gut was excruciating. I just had her, and the nurses were trying to stop the bleeding, but nothing was working. I felt myself fading, and I prayed in my mind... cus I knew this was it. The nurses were frantic, and I asked God " Please don't let me die. Don't let me go God." I had to stay for her, for my little baby I barely got to see. ' God save me please."
    "How much blood do you think she lost?" One nurse asked.
    "1000 cc's'"
    Dont wnt to knw how much tht is.
    The nurses said by all rights I should have had a blood transfusion. My blood count was 83, but the doctor said because I was sitting up and nursing her ( the next day when the doc came to make her rounds) she said that she wouldn't order a transfusion.
    I thank God I am alive! I thank Him for my life, for saving me almost ten years ago, and saving me over 2000 years ago. We are all blessed!
    shannonGilmour

Answer by shannonGilmour at 4:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• 4 years ago we started attending a new church. It's a small church where everyone knows each other. We had just had my daughter about 8 months prior. One Sunday morning we got up and I used the last diaper to change her, the last amount of formula to feed her, and had used up the last of the milk in our cereal. Our refrigerator was near empty. My husband, who was driving limos at the time, wasn't going to be paid until the end of that week. We were still new enough members that no one there really knew about our financial situation. Leaving for church, I thought to myself that we would just stop by my parents to borrow some money. When we got to church, our pastor pulled my husband aside. He said that he was approached by a man that morning, whom he did not know, and was instructed to give an envelope to my husband. DH took the envelope and I slipped it into my Bible. Leaving church, I opened the envelope to find $200.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My sister had the same this OP.. she lost one child before realising something was wrong. When she had her second ( well third) she had to be on blood thinners the whole time until before the birth of baby. It was risky because if not timed right she could bleed to death. I thank God He was in control and she delivered a healthy baby boy . She has two amazing sons now!

Twice now I have been given money by people in church and last thurs night a friend told me to pick anything I wanted on the table where they were selling cds and teachings. I told her which and she said its yours ( she paid for it ). I was like wow! I am so grateful when God drops little gifts like this!
    I am praying for 3 miracles, a job, housing and chance to go to Kingdom Training school.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Thank you everyone for sharing your stories with the rest of us!!!! Shaneagle, I will pray for you and your situation!
    carol2m2

Comment by carol2m2 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• In magick, you create what you need to have and have confidence in it happening. Christians do this with prayer. I found a effective way to control my Meniere's disease when the doctors didn't know what to do about it. And I did it on my own. I consider that a miracle. I survived pneumonia at the age of 5 mos, due to the actions of the doctor who treated me. I consider that a miracle. My autistic grandsons are speaking and interacting with me after years of hard work by therapists and my daughter's stubborn determination. I consider that a very great miracle. Not from imaginary gods. But from the human desire to overcome. Miracles are just a part of the natural world. Amazing things happen all the time and have since ancient times. Even when we pretend that we don't see them.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:51 AM on Sep. 19, 2010