WONT EAT AT SCHOOL?

MY DAUGHTER WONT EAT AT SCHOOL... SHE PRETENDS SHE IS SHY AND HAS REFUSED TO EAT OR DRINK AT SCHOOL FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS? WHY ?

meNmine

Asked by meNmine at 12:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you ever tried to swallow when you're out of your mind with stress?

It's not that uncommon (although it is uncommon that you'd be told, there is a great deal of 'what happens in school stays in school')... and as long as she eats a good (all the major food groups, in sufficient quantities) breakfast and you know that she's going to arrive home ready for 2 dinners, and provide food accordingly... it's not that big a deal.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I agree. I hated eating at school.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• A couple of possibilities. Either she was made fun of during lunch/ was bullied or she believes what someone told her about the food. Which is Don't eat it! It taste nasty. There's bugs in it, etc.... Have you asked her why? What does she think about bringing powerbars and carrying juice in her backpack? Even if she has some snacks that she can put in her purse/ backpack? She can eat them on the way to class or during break between classes... just a thought
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Maybe she enjoys what you fix for her. I know my kids always wanted a packed lunch because they hated to standing in line and wait when they were starving already. I was more than happy to do it for them and this way I knew they ate properly. A few times they did asked the day before not to fix lunch because the menu the following day was pizza which was for me.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I've tried to send a sack lunch.. She says its that she doesn't want her friends to see her eat...?
    I know it sound weird but that's what she said......?
    She has a Dr. appointment and I'm going to ask them as well.....
    the School believes its a issue....
    the school she went to in kindergarten stood over her and repeatedly told her to eat and took away resess ..
    meNmine

Comment by meNmine (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2010