What's your story?

What is the cause/reason for your belief in God? Share your story and uplift others!! (Please no God-bashers or religious debaters- This is supposed to inspire and uplift others through testimony).

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Meant to add more to my answer. After we had been separated for about 6 months I had learned, with God's help, to forgive and to begin to heal. I became lonely. I began to pray for a new friend or friendships (not a boyfriend, just a good friend) . After praying nightly for about a week I got a call one night from my estranged hubby. We hadn't been speaking unless it was necessary and only about the girls. Before his call, I had no reason to believe that he was missing me or thinking of me. The tone of his voice, his manner, everything was different. He spoke to me in a friendly tone and said that he missed me. We began talking nightly on the phone for a week after the girls were in bed. Then we met for coffee. My hubby and I began "dating" before he came back home for good. We are still working through some things but our marriage and our relationship is much strengthened and we are more in love than ever before.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I feel him all around me I know in my heart he is real...I love my God
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I believe in God because I just know he is real. I can feel him and sense him in everything I do. There have been many things in my life that I would have never gotten through with out God. God is amazing.
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I just look around me and can't believe that all of life, all of the world, and everything in it was just a spontaneous thing that happened. I have also had events that have happened in my life that I guess you could consider "small miracles." My grandfather had a heartattack and died in his home. Some of my family was out of town. They brought him back to life after 27 minutes. That only was a miracle. He was completely brain dead but still survived on his own for a whole week...just enough time for my family to fly home and stand around him while he died. All of that would be too much of a coincidence. Someone had something to do with my grandpa being with his family 1 last time. Its hard to explain why I believe, but in my heart, I just do!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I was raised baptist, but was agnostic from the time I was around 12-25. My DH passed away and it helped me get closer to God. I don't believe I won't be seeing him, so I need to have faith.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It seems like I've always believed, but it's been God that pulled me through the hard times.
    crazycappuccino

Answer by crazycappuccino at 8:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Well, for me, I think it's simply my complete inability to see life without the involvement of a Higher Power. As a child I could see the beauty of the world around me, I could see all the wonder and magick, and I simply couldn't understand how life as we know it could have come about without a guiding hand.

To me, Science and Spirit are two sides of the same coin. The answer each others questions... As an adult, I see the proof as I continue to search for answers. From my personal experiences to the research I have done in both Science & History has provided more than proof to me that a Higher Power is at work.

In addition I also find it nearly impossible that cultures and traditions world over could have come up with the same myths and similar beliefs and practices without any higher guidance from similar points...

So for me, all answers at some point - point to the existence of The Gods...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Out of the heart's abundance the mouth speaks. If one can only say negative hateful things when unprovoked, that is what resides in one's heart- and therefore spews forth out of the mouth.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 9:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I was raised in the church and never questioned it, until I became disillusioned as a teenager. It happened when I asked to go to church service instead of Sunday School, because I felt like I got more out of a sermon than I did chatting with teens my age, and (I'm not joking) my dad accused me of "having the Devil in me". From that point on, I studied the Bible and conversed with God on my own time. My relationship with Him has been stronger than ever, now that I am able to give Him the focus I want and cut out all the crud that attending my parents' church brought with it.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:26 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I was raised going to church most of my life and gave my life to Jesus when i was 13, but it has only been in the last few years that I feel I have really had a true relationship with Him. I was part of a wonderful Bible Study that helped me learn and apply so much of the Bible to how I should be living and serving him. And through lots of circumstances and situations......both good and bad, I know His hand has been there guiding, healing, comforting and strenthening me. I don't know how people get through life without having God in it. When you bring those precious babies into this world, how can you not believe!!
    jillybean4

Answer by jillybean4 at 12:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010