Is this true? You can't get pregnant with twins, even if your husbands side of the family has twins and triplets?

I know the fathers side isn't determend is what I heard. But if more dominance takes over then it raises my chances. I also have 4 twins on my side so what would be my chances? I am 22?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anyone can get twins at anytime. It is the luck of the draw. Genetics does play a role in your chances though.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• The only way genetics plays a role is on the mothers side, so your side. Its due to hyperovulation, and since you are the ovulating one, your husbands genes dont really matter. As far as identical twins go, thats all random luck.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• The only way that twins are passed down through family would be on your side. The trait would be hyperovulation (meaning you ovulate two or more eggs at the time of your period) and result in fraternal twins if two eggs were fertilized.
    Your Husbands family has nothing to do with it.
    Identical twins are not genetic and pure old fashioned luck.....
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i was told a lot that its passed down through your mother's side through genetics. but i've also read that its not genetics and its just because your body hyperovulates. my friend told me not taking birth control pills at the same time everyday can make you hyperovulate, and also eating lots of yogurt. this friend got pregnant with twins last year and it doesn't run in her family.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 1:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I'm gonna disagree a little on this one. There is no history of twins on my side of the family, however my sister got pregnant a few yrs back, they said she was miscarrying, then they found a second heartbeat....she ended up pregnant twice in a yrs time with twins and twins do run on her husbands side. I think it all plays some role somewhere... Good luck! :P
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 4:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• twins are usually random
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i think its random i know it was for me
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2010