I am confused can you help me to understand

I am 4 weeks pregnant and it has been confirmed at my doctor's office. This afternoon I started to have brown discharge. I researched implantation bleeding and it says it happens before your missed period. So now I'm confused because I am already pass my expected period date. Is it still implantation bleeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• probably. brown = old blood and isn't generally alarming. if it goes to bright red, contact your doc immediately.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I agree and sometimes in early pregnancy that happens and is okay as long as its not bright red
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• No. Implantation must occur before you can register HCG to confirm a pregnancy. HCG is given off by the placenta. My guess is it was from the placenta attaching to the uterine wall. Most of it should be attached already so I would guess it finshed it's attachment. At any rate, brown blood is old blood. Don't worry unless there is alot of it. ( Like enough to soak a pad )
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• They told me a little spotting would happen, when i was earlie as you are now,

But i always called the doctor, just to be on the safe side,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• If it happened after your exam, it may be from them proding around. Brown is old blood. If it's pink or red, call your Dr. asap!

With my 3rd baby, I spotted the entire first trimester. It was stressful! But she is 18 months old now and all was 100% perfect.
    Mom2JesserFly

Answer by Mom2JesserFly at 4:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Brown is old blood like the other posts said
    CONGRATS!
    =]
    SammiTaylorTM

Answer by SammiTaylorTM at 4:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008