Abnormal pap?

Have any of you ladies had a abnormal pap before? My doc thought I may have had cervical cancer so I got checked and I don't but I was worried? Have any of you had a missed read pap?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• Mine has not been misread, but I have had abnormal before, followed by colposcopies, biopsies, and finally a cone biopsy which removed all the abnormal cells and cured the problem.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I have had 7 abnormal paps and so far they mean nothing!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• A lot of things can make a Pap abnormal. It's not just cervical cancer. One time I had an abnormal one and I was freaking out, but it turned out they did not get enough cells on the slide. Then I had abnormal ones that kept showing inflammation so I had to have colpos. All were negative. Don't freak!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i've had that happen to me once about 4 years ago also, they told me i had to come back to get tested for cervical cancer. i was worried about it too, but all was well. i dont think ive had any more abnormal ones since then though.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 1:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yup
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No. Thank God. I would be a stressed out mess worrying. Good to hear you are ok.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• When this happens it just means that precanceous cells are present. It is a precautionary test. I've had several and usually the doctor removes them so you have less chance of developing cancer. Don't worry about it. I think it happens a lot and most of the time it doesn't mean anything.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I've had a bad pap......abnormal pap....came back as endometrial hyperplasia with Atypical cells.....got a transvaginal sonogram done after that and just recently a endometrial biopsy.

I have Chronic Endometriosis......next stop...hysterectomy! Im 48 !
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i had an abnormal pap when i was first pregnant....they had to do a colposcopy, and ultimately decided to wait and see if labor and delivery would "shock" my body to heal the right way..and it did..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010