Do you get offended by......

The magazines at the Check Out lines in stores?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• Where I shop they do not put that kind of magazine up at register. In fact, I don't think they have a section for that type of magazine. Just politely ask the manager to consider removing them from the area where your children have to stand while waiting on you.
    DianeParog

Answer by DianeParog at 12:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Say something to the store manager. The grocery store I shop at has the black dividers in front of the more risque covers.

Just a warning... I wouldn't go off on the whole porn/lust/God thing. Just say the covers are a little much to be on child level and mention that other stores are considerate of children and use the dividers.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Because in today's society, Modest is not hottest.... Welcome to 2010. Where Naked is Normal ....
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I don't get disgusted or upset about people, okay, star magazine does not offend me or my other customers that I deal with everyday at work. And I work at a grocery store the only one they had issue with is Cosomopolitan that had Jessica Albe on the cover. Now porn magazine and other porn mags are behind the gas station register. And they r magazine for formal and fashion and that is style magazine.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 12:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• That's fine that you do not raise your kids to be "normal"....you asked if we got offended. No, most people are not offended by people wearing swimsuits on the beach. I dont understand the harm in a person seeing a person in a bikini though. You can't keep your kids at home all the time, they go out in public and are bound to see worse. Perhaps it's just a good time to discuss what you consider appropriate and why. They will probably be better armed for their futures that way.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• uh no
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I do.

I was very digusted and upset when I went to check out at Wal-Mart Today. The Magazines they keep in the checkout lines are getting horrible. Kate Gosslin was on the cover of People Magazine in only a bikini and one of the Khardasians (sp?) on another magazine in barely any clothes!!! They know that Men/Boys lust through... their eyes and what they see and they put this stuff right there for all to see!!!! I am sorry but it is NOT okay!!!!!

They put Porn movies in an Adult Section in the video store so that the only people who see them are people who want to go there and look at them and I think that these magazines should be done the same way! My son wanted a Truck magazine Tonight and I had to tell him no because of the Models!!!! Why do they advertise in this form and fashion? It is not tactful and what happened to women realizing that MODEST IS HOTTEST?????????????????
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It is sad and sickening.

In my house and my Family.....Modest is Hottest.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Not at all. To me there is nothing disgusting about the human body. I can understand them putting the black covers over things like cosmo where the word sex is written 20 times on the cover because nobody wants to go for milk and end up having "the talk" with their kids over something they read in the checkout line. The ones with girls in bikinis are usually candid shots where they are actually at the beach. Would you keep your sons home from the beach because they are experiencing lust?
    (off topic)but that reminds me of "The Giver" when the people are given pills so they dont have "stirrings"

P.s.....just one more reason to boycott WalMart.....just sayin'
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I raise my kids in a way that is not considered "normal" in Today's society and I am very proud of that fact.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2010